Tired of oatmeal? Try a mashed sweet potato bowl for breakfast instead. This idea came to me because I had my wisdom teeth removed this week, and everything I’ve been eating is puréed or mashed. I think this combination will last longer than when my gums heal up.
Make things easier for yourself and roast a bunch of Stoke’s purple sweet potatoes during weekly meal prep.
- 1 small Stoke’s purple sweet potato
- 1/3 cup unsweetened nut milk
- 2 tablespoons powdered peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cooked apples or applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- optional: 1 tablespoon seeds, coconut palm syrup, additional cinnamon
Scoop flesh from the skin of the already roasted sweet potato*. Mix flesh with nut milk, vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth. Heat in microwave until hot.
Mix up powdered peanut butter, add to the bowl along with apples and optional ingredients if desired.
*If not already roasted and you have the luxury of an hour in the morning to make breakfast, wrap potato in aluminum foil and pop in the oven for 50 minutes at 400°F.