I have 3 qualms about store-bought granola:
- added sugar, even when it’s natural sugar the grams can be through the roof.
- it’s not gluten-free.
- it usually tastes stale.
My superseed granola recipe comes together in just bout 20 minutes. It’s relatively low on the glycemic index and has lots of healthy fats. I highly recommend practicing mindful eating on this batch, as I’m working on it myself. I have a wicked habit of picking at it and then suddenly half the batch has been eaten.
- 1 cup rolled gluten-free oats
- 2 tbsp roasted pumpkin seeeds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries (optional)
- 1/3 cup coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl, stir, then add coconut oil, coconut nectar, vanilla and almond extact.
Preheat oven to 325F, line a baking sheet with parchment or silicon.
Spread granola out fairly evenly, bake for 18 minutes.