I have 3 qualms about store-bought granola:
- added sugar, even when it’s natural sugar the grams can be through the roof
- it’s not gluten-free or sprouted
- it usually tastes stale
This granola recipe comes together in just bout 20 minutes. It’s relatively low on the glycemic index and has lots of healthy fats from sprouted nuts and seeds. Feel free to substitute nuts and seeds in equal proportions if you have other favorites.
I highly recommend practicing mindful eating on this batch, as I’m working on it myself. I have a wicked habit of picking at it and then suddenly half of the batch has been eaten.
- 1 cup spouted rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons sprouted pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sprouted pecans
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- optional: 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cranberries or raisins
Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl, stir, then add coconut oil, raw honey, and almond extract.
Preheat oven to 325°F, prepare a baking sheet with parchment.
Spread granola out fairly evenly, bake for 18 minutes. Break into chunks once completely cool.